All around the world, Breast Cancer Awareness campaigns take place in October. Besides bringing awareness to self-care and prevention, these also spark the sensitive issues of rural women who may not be aware of such health problems, or have access to the right resources to protect themselves.
It is part of the The Dubai Dolls core mission to help improve women’s lives and raise awareness about such sensitive topics.
We must always try to set daily goals for ourselves, in order to improve our health and well being. Share our tips with as many friends and family members as possible, so together we can spread awareness and save lives!
- Stay active for at least 30 minutes daily by taking a walk, or practising yoga & meditation to relax and rejuvenate.
- Take one minute out of your busy schedule to self examine:check both breasts with the middle finger of each hand. You can use an up-and-down pattern or a spiral pattern. Slowly move your fingers in small circles, using three different pressure levels to feel all of your breast tissue.
- Use light pressure to feel the tissue near the surface of the skin, medium pressure as you get closer to your breastbone and ribs, and firm pressure as you approach your breastbone. Make sure not to lift your fingers away from the skin when you’re feeling for lumps, unusual thickness, or other changes.
- Always consult your physician during your yearly health check.
- Learn about your family’s health history.
The Dubai Dolls will support Breast Cancer Awareness on October 27th, 2021.